1. Project Introduction:
Ycash is a friendly fork of Zcash at block height of 570,000 (July 19, 2019). It supports general hardware CPU and GPU mining. Before the second halving, PoW will mine 75% of the YEC and then partially or fully switch to the PoS consensus mechanism. The founder’s award decreases from 20% to 5% while Ycash miners may get 95% of the earnings from mining.
2. Project Information (as of September 6, 2019)
- Symbol: YEC
- Algorithm: Equihash
- Block time: 150s
- Total supply: 21 million
- Circulating Supply: 7,352,168
- Market value: $8,160,906.48
- Fork: Zcash fork
- Ycash will improve the Equihash mining algorithm currently used on Zcash network, which means that Ycash network will forbid ASIC mining;
- Ycash will reduce the ratio of award to the founder. 20% of the block award on Zcash blockchain has been granted to the development fund;
- Before the second halving, PoW will mine 75% of the YEC and then partially or fully switch to the PoS consensus mechanism;
- Facing the fierce competition and so many substitutes in the subdivided market of anonymous tokens, the project is expected to be more competitive in payment performance.
4. Useful Links
Official website: https://www.ycash.xyz/